Why haven´t Restaurant Owner been told these Facts
From the desk of Peter Graf
October 14th 2019
Did you write your menu yourself? Then here is the full, uncensored story of how you can avoid those 10 to 30 % of lost sales, because of bad menu engineering.
A specialized Restaurant Consultant charges about 5.000 to 25.000 $ to optimize a menu.
And they are worth to get hired, because they can increase sales of a restaurant, a coffee shop or a bar just by applying psychological hacks about human behavior.
How many times did you think about how to increase your sales this week?
How often did you wish to get more customers through the door?
These sorrows are not necessary and there is a simple solution for this problem.
Weak sales and low customer retention may seem tragic to you at the moment they occur – but here is the real tragedy!
Do you know, that a menu can easily be optimized to generate more sales, promote the items you want to sell and build up regular customers like a charm?
Example for a simple way to boost your sales
Scientists tested three different price labels in a restaurant. First the prices where shown on the menu with dollar signs and cents ($ 20.00), then only as a number without currency signs and without cents (20) and finally in written form (twenty dollars).
The price without dollar signs performed best and increased sales by 8.15 %! So simply leave out the currency symbols with the price, as they remind your customer only about the pain of paying.
The knowledge to improve your menu is out there, but the insiders keep this secrets to them.
Of course, most competitors don’t want you to profit from this know-how. And the consultants want to charge you a nice sum to provide you with a compelling menu.
In fact your menu needs some care to become the best salesman in your business. Just think about your car, which also needs ongoing maintenance to run smoothly and reliable.
There are a lot of scientific studies out there, that show how to optimize a menu for more sales.
The studies themselves may be difficult to read, but the results and the appropriate measures are often very simple.
Just imagine what you could accomplish, if you had that knowledge to optimize your menu yourself. Often sales can be increased by 10 to 30 % by engineering the menu.
For a restaurant with 300.000 $ of sales per year, this means extra sales potential of 30.000 to 90.000 $ each year!
All you need to do is sit down for a few hours and do the homework. This could be the most profitable activity a restaurant owner could do the whole year.
Of course, you also want to improve your menu, without paying an external consultant 5.000 $ or even more.
So, the only question is, how can you do this by yourself?
The well-kept secret is, that it is not so difficult to improve the sales power of your menu.
You don´t have to be a marketing genius to increase sales by 10 or 20 %. Maybe your result may not be as spectacular as the one from a seasoned consultant. But wouldn´t it be great to achieve at least 10 or 20 % more sales with very little effort?
And the glory for this success also would be yours and you could improve your skills in this field year after year and finally become an expert.
Just because of doing it, getting results and doing it again.
So, if you had the knowledge to make a few adjustments on your menu, then you could turn your menu step by step into a high converting and very valuable marketing asset, that improves your business for the long term.
Now suppose you had a specialized Restaurant Consultant at your elbow 24 hours a day. Suppose, that this expert could show you exactly what to do, to optimize your menu for more profits. Suppose that this Expert could tell you the most important steps to take in order to get the job done. All the Information you need to optimize your menu for more sales, more customers and more profits.
This is exactly what the new book PROFIT – The Restaurant Owner´s Handbook does for you.
This book comes originally from Europe and the german edition became a #1 bestseller for hotel and restaurant books.
The german title is “Wie man in der Gastronomie Gewinn erzielt” and means translated “How to make a Profit in the Restaurant Business”.
And it gets even better. This practical handbook is not only about menu engineering.
It provides valuable how-to information about calculation, marketing and controlling for coffee shops, restaurants, bars, food trucks and any other kind of food service business.
You can improve your Restaurant Business with the following Insights:
- How to use the profit-based calculation to get your prices, motivate your employees, control your sales, and plan your profits (Chapter 9)
- How to increase your sales by 30 %, 59 % or even 100 % through upselling (Chapter 13)
- How to optimize your menu for maximum sales (Chapter 18)
- 25 points sales checklist (Chapter 18)
- How to improve the use of drinks (Chapter 22)
- Excel calculator with 7 tools, which you can download for free.
- Learn how the guest views the menu in order to improve readability (page 238).
- Read how, in a real case, the sales of fish dishes increased by 86.6 % (page 242).
- Benefit from the results of a practical study in which food sales increased by 69.5 % (page 245).
- Learn a simple but effective referral technique that has nearly tripled the revenue of the recommended dish (page 249).
- Discover the secret, how the scope of the product range influences sales. In one case, the researchers from Columbia and Stanford recorded even a seven-fold increase in sales (page 252).
- A Cornell study provides insight into a simple and remarkable marketing strategy. Sales of a cafeteria were improved by 27 % simply by using a different product description (page 254).
- Discover a simple pricing trick that boosted restaurant sales by 8.1 % (page 261).
- Scientists found a simple way of presenting products, which increased the turnover in a bar by 4.1 % (page 263).
- Take advantage of a Yale study that discovered an increase of purchase propensity by 67.3 % using certain selling prices (page 269).
- Asian restaurant managers found a simple trick, which increased sales by 13 to 20 % (page 271).
- According to a US study, willingness to buy can be increased by 122 to 379 % by overcoming purchase inhibitions (page 275).
- American behavioral researchers found that the use of colors increased the consumption of food by 77 % (page 276).
- Researchers tested various types of background music in a restaurant and found a way to improve beverage sales by 40.9 % (page 277).
Some of the hacks and strategies are so simple, that you will only ask yourself, why you didn´t use them earlier.
And you don´t need to pay a consultant 5.000 $ or more to increase your sales.
Now, this handbook is also available in the US.
It has 333 pages and the investment is only 57 $.
You also get a set of downloadable Excel Tools.
This “printed expert” can be ordered safely and quickly on Amazon and you can hold it in your hands within a few days.
So, what on earth could hold you back from immediately getting this handbook and turn your menu into the best salesman of your business?